Friday, January 23, 2009

Whatever is lovely...

In the continuing saga of filling my mind with all things of a Philippians 4:8 nature, I looked up definitions/synonyms of the word lovely...
Lovely: exquisitely beautiful; (informal) pleasant or enjoyable, delightful.
Synonyms include beautiful, attractive, appealing, adorable, exquisite, sweet, charming, enchanting, engaging.
As I contemplated "thinking about such things," it made me wonder. Why is it so easy to replay scenes in our minds that are embarrassing, sad, anger-inducing or mortifying? I know I've relived some of my klutziest moments hundreds of times, along with those (too frequent) instances when I've stuck my entire foot inside my big mouth. Why not work to replay the pleasant memories, the exquisitely beautiful moments we all experience?
Think about such things...

No comments: