Saturday, June 15, 2013

He will act...

Trust in the Lord, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.
Psalm 37:3-6

I chose a three-verse passage for the next two memory sessions. I'm just beginning to prepare to teach Bible study for Cross Camp in a couple of weeks and my prayer is that I will make much of HIM. 

Trust in him, and he will act. 

This runs counter to my natural tendency, which would be to work super-hard so I can dazzle some unsuspecting students with my knowledge, wit and general hipness. (pathetic, right?) But in my first year of teaching at camp, (seven years ago!) I learned so much more than I actually taught. Isaiah 26:8 became a theme verse that year -- 

"Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws 
we wait for you.
Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts."

I still fight nerves and feelings of inadequacy every time I teach, but it's incredibly freeing to trust in him -- and let HIM act. Truth is, I can't change a heart. I can't open a mind. All I can really do is dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness...delight in the Lord, commit my way to Him and trust that He will give me the desires of my heart. 

What a relief! 

Don't get me wrong -- I'm about to get crazy-busy studying and preparing! (I've already spilled coffee on my Bible once today!) But it's with the knowledge that as I press in to know Him better, obey His calling, His grace will multiply and I can teach from the overflow!


So, pray for me and my little highlighting, word-processing, over-achieving self, that I will make His name great! And pray for the girls I will be privileged to serve -- and all those God brings to us at Cross Camp!



No comments: